Domestic Violence and Access to Public Funds
Date & Time:
Target audience: This training is aimed at those officers who work with people with domestic abuse issues who also have immigration issues to be addressed. Delegates should already have a good awareness of and understanding of how to deal with domestic issues e.g. have already completed training on domestic abuse e.g. 2-day Domestic Abuse course. The course will provide staff from both the children's and adults' workforce across all partner organisations who have specific responsibilities for dealing with domestic abuse and immigration issues with broad and comprehensive practical learning
- Have an understanding of the complexities of domestic abuse and immigration issues and the potential impact on domestic abuse victims
- Know how to respond appropriately and safely to enable victims to receive support on domestic abuse and immigration
- Know where and how to provide continued liaison with specialist support services and other relevant agencies
- Have an awareness of current policy, research and practice developments on domestic abuse and immigration
- Please note when booking onto this training course, you will be expected to stay for the FULL duration of the training session unless prior agreement has been made with the training organisers or trainers via email@example.com . Late arrivals or early leavers may not be issued with a completed training certificate.