Forced marriage and honour based abuse
Date & Time:
Venue:Coneygre Arts Centre, Sedgley Rd E, Tipton, DY4 8UH
Those who work directly with children and/or adults or who manage staff who do so, and who need to have an awareness of FM/HBA issues and know how to respond to disclosures. Delegates should already have undertaken general awareness training on Domestic Violence and Abuse (e.g. Artemis e-learning on DVA and DVA Level 1 training).
To raise awareness of Forced Marriage and Honour Based Abuse and understand how to respond appropriately to disclosures.
- Have an increased understanding of Forced marriage
- Understand the concept of shame that is associated with 'honour'-based abuse
- Understand how to recognise and respond appropriately to signs of FM and HBA
- Be able to refer to specialist services and local care pathways (and follow relevant safeguarding children and adult processes.)
- Understand any new relevant legislation
Booking has now closed for this event.
Enquiries:Email: Angela_James@sandwell.gov.uk or call 0121 569 5438
Trainer:Black Country Women's Aid
Venue Details:Coneygre Arts Centre, Sedgley Rd E, Tipton, DY4 8UH