Core Working Together - Level 3 Safeguarding Children & Young People
Date & Time:
Venue:Coneygre Arts Centre, Sedgley Rd E, Tipton, DY4 8UH
This course is primarily for those professionals (statutory and voluntary) who either work predominately or who have regular contact with children and young people; for those who hold particular responsibilities for safeguarding and for those who hold positions as professional advisors.
Aims & Learning Outcomes
- To enable participants to develop their knowledge, skills and ability to work together with other agencies to safeguard children and young people
- To ensure that participants are aware of information sharing, the referral processesFor Participants to:
- Be aware of their roles and responsibilities for safeguarding children and young people
- Be aware of other interagency roles and responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Understand and contribute towards the processes outlined in ‘What to do if you’re worried a child is being abused’ i.e. Understand how to make a referral and the possible outcome of this referral
- Consider key area of safeguarding practice including information sharing; consent and confidentiality; escalation.
- Consider how to demonstrate professional curiosity and a questioning stance in practice with children and families
Trainer:Jan Wakefield & Leanne Smith
Venue Details:Coneygre Arts Centre, Sedgley Rd E, Tipton, DY4 8UH