Responding to Modern Slavery
Date & Time:
PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE MODERN SLAVERY AWARENESS BRIEFING PRIOR TO ATTENDING THIS TRAINING, THE LINK IS HERE.
This course is aimed at those frontline workers more likely to encounter modern slavery, training includes the role of the first responder and referring to the NRM, how to safeguard and protect victims of modern slavery, effective ways to pursue those who perpetrate modern slavery, understanding where modern slavery happens and how to disrupt locations.
By the end of the session delegates will be able to:
- Understand how to protect victims of modern slavery
- Recognise indicators of modern slavery
- Understand the role, responsibility of the First Responder
- Know how and when to refer into the NRM and/or comply with a Duty to Notify
- Understand the use of ‘Alpha victims’ as a form of control
- Know what support is available for victims/survivors,
- Understand and identify barriers to disclosure
- Know how to safeguard victims of modern slavery
- Understand how to set up and use a reception centre
- Understand how to pursue perpetrators of modern slavery
- Be able to identify industries where exploitation takes place
- Understand how to disrupt locations where modern slavery is happening
PLEASE BE AWARE THE CAR PARK AT ROWAY LANE IS FOR STAFF WHO ARE BASED AT ROWAY LANE ONLY.