Domestic abuse perpetrators in Child Protection conferences – keeping women and children safe
Date & Time:
A half-day workshop to explore and develop an understanding of how working with domestic abuse perpetrators and their victims together can increase risk, fear and isolation to women and children.
Course only suitable for those with previous domestic abuse awareness training.
By the end of the course, participants will have:
- An understanding of learning from Domestic Homicide Reviews
- An awareness of what women might do to assess their own risk, and the impact this may have on her behaviour
- An understanding of how perpetrators may use engagement with professionals and multi-agency forums to further control women
- Greater understanding of their professional role in maximising safety of women and children
- Expanded their skills and confidence in good practice risk management and safety planning, in line with the West Midlands Domestic Violence Standards
My Time & West Midlands Women’s Consortium (who delivery the My Time Domestic Violence Perpetrator Programme in West Midlands)
Coneygre Arts Centre, Sedgley road East, Tipton, DY4 8UH
- Please note when booking onto this training course, you will be expected to stay for the FULL duration of the training session unless prior agreement has been made with the training organisers or trainers via firstname.lastname@example.org . Late arrivals or early leavers may not be issued with a completed training certificate.
Terms & Conditions: Cancellation and Non-Attendance
•The charge for non-attendance will be £30 per delegate per day for non-attendance/late cancellation on training.( (The charge for non-attendance on the 2 day domestic violence course will be £60).
•Cancellations are to be made via your online account at least five working days in advance of a course to ensure you are not charged a non-attendance fee, unless you can arrange for another representative from your service area to attend in your place.
•It is assumed that delegates are informing their manager of their training booking upon reservation.