Domestic Abuse – Two day course
Date & Time:
Delegates should have completed the Artemis e-learning module on Domestic Violence and Abuse before attending this training. This is an introductory course which provides staff from both the children’s and adults’ workforce across all partner organisations with a broad and comprehensive introduction to domestic abuse issues.
- To develop an understanding of domestic abuse and be able to recognise the signs/symptoms
- Be able to respond to a disclosure of domestic abuse sensitively and in a way that promotes the safety of victims and families
- Be able to complete a DASH (Domestic Abuse, Stalking & Honour Based Violence) risk assessment
- Understand the role of MARAC (Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conference) and how to make referrals
- Understand the content of the Barnardo’s Screening Tool
- Have an understanding of the 7 golden rules of information sharing
- Understand the impact on children who witness domestic abuse
- Be able to recognise the links to mental health, alcohol and substance misuse
- Have an awareness of the legal duties in relation to child protection, adults with care and support needs and domestic abuse victims
- Have an understanding of the concept of shame that is associated with “honour”-based abuse
- Have an increased understanding of forced marriage and female genital mutilation
- To have received an introduction to Domestic Homicide Reviews, Serious Case Reviews and Safeguarding Adults Reviews
Learners will only be able to access their course certificates once they have completed the two training days.
- Please note when booking onto this training course, you will be expected to stay for the FULL duration of the training session unless prior agreement has been made with the training organisers or trainers via firstname.lastname@example.org . Late arrivals or early leavers may not be issued with a completed training certificate.
Terms & Conditions: Cancellation and Non-Attendance
•The charge for non-attendance will be £30 per delegate per day for non-attendance/late cancellation on training.( (The charge for non-attendance on the 2 day domestic violence course will be £60).
•Cancellations are to be made via your online account at least five working days in advance of a course to ensure you are not charged a non-attendance fee, unless you can arrange for another representative from your service area to attend in your place.
•It is assumed that delegates are informing their manager of their training booking upon reservation.