Talking with men who use abuse in relationships
Date & Time:
A half-day training course to support professionals to have effective conversations with men who perpetrate domestic abuse in order to reduce risk to women and children.
Course only suitable for those with previous domestic abuse awareness training.
By the end of the course, participants will have:
- An increased understanding around how domestic abuse is used as a tool to control women and children
- Greater understanding as to why we work with perpetrators
- Increased awareness around how to approach/open the conversation with a perpetrator about their behaviour
- Expanded skills and confidence to challenge perpetrators about domestic abuse
- An increased understanding about how to respond to disclosures of perpetrating domestic abuse
- Greater understanding of how to work with the perpetrator to take responsibility for their behaviour
- Improved understanding of how to work with perpetrators to increase motivation to change their behaviour
My Time & West Midlands Women’s Consortium (who delivery the My Time Domestic Violence Perpetrator Programme in West Midlands)
Coneygre Arts Centre, Sedgley road East, Tipton, DY4 8UH
- Please note when booking onto this training course, you will be expected to stay for the FULL duration of the training session unless prior agreement has been made with the training organisers or trainers via firstname.lastname@example.org . Late arrivals or early leavers may not be issued with a completed training certificate.