Learning from Domestic Homicide Reviews-)-Safeguarding & Domestic Abuse/Coercive Control
Date & Time:
Venue:Coneygre Arts Centre, Sedgley Rd E, Tipton, DY4 8UH
This training will identify key learning from Domestic Homicide Reviews. Delegates should already have undertaken previous domestic abuse training e.g. Domestic Violence & Abuse Level 1/2
- Understand key lessons from local Domestic Homicide Reviews
- Understand the pattern of coercive control in domestic violence and abuse and its impact upon parenting.
- Understand the increased risks associated with ending a violent relationship and the factors that make it dangerous for victims to leave.
- Be familiar with the tactics used by domestic violence abusers to prevent help seeking by a non-abusing parent.
- Become familiar with the worries and concerns children and victims may have around domestic violence and agency involvement.
- Be aware of the tools and pathways for responding to child safeguarding in the context of domestic violence in Sandwell, including MASH; DV Screening; Early Help; and MARAC.
- Be familiar with both unsafe practice and good practice in protecting children exposed to domestic violence.
- Be more confident in supporting children and victims experiencing domestic violence and abuse.
Booking has now closed for this event.
Enquiries:email@example.com or call 0121 569 4800 or 0121 569 3032
Trainer:Simon Hill/Maryrose Lappin
Venue Details:Coneygre Arts Centre, Sedgley Rd E, Tipton, DY4 8UH