Forced marriage and honour based abuse
Date & Time:
Venue:Coneygre Arts Centre, Sedgley Rd E, Tipton, DY4 8UH
Those who work directly with children and/or adults or who manage staff who do so, and who need to have an awareness of FM/HBA issues and know how to respond to disclosures. Delegates should already have undertaken general awareness training on Domestic Violence and Abuse (e.g. Artemis e-learning on DVA and DVA Level 1 training).
To raise awareness of Forced Marriage and Honour Based Abuse and understand how to respond appropriately to disclosures.
- Have an increased understanding of Forced marriage
- Understand the concept of shame that is associated with 'honour'-based abuse
- Understand how to recognise and respond appropriately to signs of FM and HBA
- Be able to refer to specialist services and local care pathways (and follow relevant safeguarding children and adult processes.)
- Understand any new relevant legislation
- Please note when booking onto this training course, you will be expected to stay for the FULL duration of the training session unless prior agreement has been made with the training organisers or trainers via email@example.com . Late arrivals or early leavers may not be issued with a completed training certificate.
Booking has now closed for this event.
Enquiries:Email: Angela_James@sandwell.gov.uk or call 0121 569 5438
Trainer:Black Country Women's Aid
Venue Details:Coneygre Arts Centre, Sedgley Rd E, Tipton, DY4 8UH