Learning from Domestic Homicide Reviews (DHR)-Safeguarding & Domestic Abuse/Coercive Control
Date & Time:
Venue:Coneygre Arts Centre, Sedgley Rd E, Tipton, DY4 8UH
This training will identify key learning from Domestic Homicide Reviews.
Delegates should already have undertaken previous domestic abuse training i.e. the 2-day domestic abuse training course.
- Understand key lessons from local Domestic Homicide Reviews
- Understand the pattern of coercive control in domestic violence and abuse and its impact upon parenting.
- Understand the increased risks associated with ending a violent relationship and the factors that make it dangerous for victims to leave.
- Be familiar with the tactics used by domestic violence abusers to prevent help seeking by a nonabusing parent/partner.
- Become familiar with the worries and concerns children and victims may have around domestic abuse and agency involvement.
- Be aware of the tools and pathways for responding to child and adult safeguarding in the context of domestic violence in Sandwell, including MASH; DV Screening; Early Help and MARAC.
- Be familiar with both unsafe practice and good practice in protecting victims and children exposed to domestic abuse.
- Be more confident in supporting victims and children experiencing domestic abuse.
Enquiries:Email: Angela_James@sandwell.gov.uk or call 0121 569 5438
Venue Details:Coneygre Arts Centre, Sedgley Rd E, Tipton, DY4 8UH