Learning from Domestic Homicide Reviews (DHR)-Safeguarding & Domestic Abuse/Coercive Control
Date & Time:
Venue:Coneygre Arts Centre, Sedgley Rd E, Tipton, DY4 8UH
This training will identify key learning from Domestic Homicide Reviews.
Delegates should already have undertaken previous domestic abuse training i.e. the 2-day domestic abuse training course.
- Understand key lessons from local Domestic Homicide Reviews
- Understand the pattern of coercive control in domestic violence and abuse and its impact upon parenting.
- Understand the increased risks associated with ending a violent relationship and the factors that make it dangerous for victims to leave.
- Be familiar with the tactics used by domestic violence abusers to prevent help seeking by a nonabusing parent/partner.
- Become familiar with the worries and concerns children and victims may have around domestic abuse and agency involvement.
- Be aware of the tools and pathways for responding to child and adult safeguarding in the context of domestic violence in Sandwell, including MASH; DV Screening; Early Help and MARAC.
- Be familiar with both unsafe practice and good practice in protecting victims and children exposed to domestic abuse.
- Be more confident in supporting victims and children experiencing domestic abuse.
- Please note when booking onto this training course, you will be expected to stay for the FULL duration of the training session unless prior agreement has been made with the training organisers or trainers via firstname.lastname@example.org . Late arrivals or early leavers may not be issued with a completed training certificate.
Booking has now closed for this event.
Enquiries:Email: Angela_James@sandwell.gov.uk or call 0121 569 5438
Venue Details:Coneygre Arts Centre, Sedgley Rd E, Tipton, DY4 8UH