Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
Date & Time:
Those who work directly with children and/or adults or who manage staff who do so, and who need to have an awareness of FGM issues and know how to respond to disclosures. Delegates should already have undertaken general awareness training on Domestic Violence and Abuse (e.g. Artemis e-learning on DVA and the 2 day Domestic Abuse course).
SSCB Target audience: groups 2,3 & 4
To raise awareness of Female Genital Mutilation and understand how to respond appropriately to disclosures.
- Have an increased understanding of Female Genital Mutilation
- Understand how to recognise and respond appropriately to signs of FGM
- Be able to refer to specialist services and local care pathways (and follow relevant safeguarding children and adult processes.)
- Understand any new relevant legislation
- Please note when booking onto this training course, you will be expected to stay for the FULL duration of the training session unless prior agreement has been made with the training organisers or trainers via email@example.com . Late arrivals or early leavers may not be issued with a completed training certificate.