2019/20 Core Working Together - Level 3 Safeguarding Children & Young People
Date & Time:
This course is primarily for those professionals (statutory and voluntary) who either work predominately or who have regular contact with children and young people; for those who hold particular responsibilities for safeguarding and for those who hold positions as professional advisors.
Aims & Learning Outcomes
- To enable participants to develop their knowledge, skills and ability to work together with other agencies to safeguard children and young people
- To ensure that participants are aware of information sharing, the referral processesFor Participants to:
- Be aware of their roles and responsibilities for safeguarding children and young people
- Be aware of other interagency roles and responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Understand and contribute towards the processes outlined in ‘What to do if you’re worried a child is being abused’ i.e. Understand how to make a referral and the possible outcome of this referral
- Consider key area of safeguarding practice including information sharing; consent and confidentiality; escalation.
- Consider how to demonstrate professional curiosity and a questioning stance in practice with children and families