Sexual Assault and Abuse- Virtual
Date & Time:
This training is aimed at those officers from across all partner agencies who work with adults and children who may have experienced sexual violence.
Delegates should already have a good awareness of and understanding of how to deal with domestic abuse issues e.g. have already completed introductory
courses on domestic abuse such as the 2-day Domestic Abuse course or similar.
This course will build on the previous learning and will provide staff from both the children’s and adults’ workforce across all partner organisations with an awareness of sexual violence issues and how to appropriately support those who have experienced SSCB Target audience: groups 2, 3 &4.
- Have an understanding of sexual violence and its potential impact on victims (both adults and children)
- Know how to respond appropriately and safely to enable victims to receive support
- Know where and how to provide continued liaison with specialist support services and other relevant agencies
- Have an awareness of current policy research and practice development on sexual violence
- Have an awareness of the West Midlands Rape & Sexual Violence Standards
- Please note when booking onto this training course, you will be expected to stay for the FULL duration of the training session unless prior agreement has been made with the training organisers or trainers via firstname.lastname@example.org . Late arrivals or early leavers may not be issued with a completed training certificate.
Terms & Conditions: Cancellation and Non-Attendance
- The charge for non-attendance will be £15 per delegate per day for non-attendance/late cancellation on training. (The charge for non-attendance on the 2 day domestic violence course will be £30).
- All delegates must attend sessions promptly. Delegates that are later than 15 minutes will be denied access to the training session and this will result in a £15 charge.
- Cancellations are to be made via your online account at least five working days in advance of a course to ensure you are not charged a non-attendance fee, unless you can arrange for another representative from your service area to attend in your place.
- It is assumed that delegates are informing their manager of their training booking upon reservation.