Domestic Abuse and Recourse to Public Funding- Virtual
Date & Time:
Target audience: This training is aimed at those officers who work with people with domestic abuse issues who also have immigration issues to be addressed. Delegates should already have a good awareness of and understanding of how to deal with domestic issues e.g. have already completed training on domestic abuse e.g. 2-day Domestic Abuse course. The course will provide staff from both the children's and adults' workforce across all partner organisations who have specific responsibilities for dealing with domestic abuse and immigration issues with broad and comprehensive practical learning
- Have an understanding of the complexities of Domestic Abuse and immigration issues.
- Have an understanding of Domestic Abuse victims and the impact of immigration issues.
- Have an awareness of current policy and research on Domestic Abuse and immigration.
- Know how to respond appropriately and safely to enable victims to receive the right support.
- Know where to locate specialist support and other relevant agencies for a victim.
- Please download and read the pre-reading materials prior to the training session
- The course will be delivered via Microsoft Teams and joining instructions will be sent to you closer to the training date.
- Please note when booking onto this training course, you will be expected to stay for the FULL duration of the training session unless prior agreement has been made with the training organisers or trainers via email@example.com . Late arrivals or early leavers may not be issued with a completed training certificate.
Terms & Conditions: Cancellation and Non-Attendance
- The charge for non-attendance will be £15 per delegate per day for non-attendance/late cancellation on training. (The charge for non-attendance on the 2 day domestic violence course will be £30).
- All delegates must attend sessions promptly. Delegates that are later than 15 minutes will be denied access to the training session and this will result in a £15 charge.
- Cancellations are to be made via your online account at least five working days in advance of a course to ensure you are not charged a non-attendance fee, unless you can arrange for another representative from your service area to attend in your place.
- It is assumed that delegates are informing their manager of their training booking upon reservation.