Domestic Abuse – Two day course - Virtual
Date & Time:
Delegates should have completed the Artemis e-learning module on Domestic Violence and Abuse or similar before attending this training. (If learners have not completed this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for access details in order to complete the module prior to attending the 2-day course).
The 2-day domestic abuse course provides staff from both the children’s and adults’ workforce across all partner organisations with a broad and comprehensive training on domestic abuse issues.
Please note when booking onto this training course, you will be expected to stay for the FULL duration of the training session unless prior agreement has been made with the training organisers or trainers via email@example.com . Late arrivals or early leavers may not be issued with a completed training certificate.
- To understand the specific impacts of domestic abuse on both adults and children
- To develop an understanding of domestic abuse and be able to recognise the signs/symptoms
- To understand the additional barriers which victims from minoritized communities may face in reporting issues and accessing support
- Be able to respond to a disclosure of domestic abuse sensitively and in a way that promotes the safety of adult victims, children and families
- Be able to complete a DASH (Domestic Abuse, Stalking & Honour Based Violence) risk assessment
- Understand the role of MARAC (Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conference) and how to make referrals
- To receive information on local interventions for adult victims, children and perpetrators
- Have an understanding of the 7 golden rules of information sharing
- Be able to recognise the links to mental health, alcohol and substance misuse
- Have an awareness of the legal duties in relation to child protection, adults with care and support needs and domestic abuse victims
- To receive an introduction to ‘honour’ based abuse, forced marriage and female genital mutilation
- To receive an introduction to key learning from local Domestic Homicide Reviews, Serious Case Reviews and Safeguarding Adults Reviews
Terms & Conditions: Cancellation and Non-Attendance
- The charge for non-attendance will be £15 per delegate per day for non-attendance/late cancellation on training. (The charge for non-attendance on the 2 day domestic violence course will be £30).
- All delegates must attend sessions promptly. Delegates that are later than 15 minutes will be denied access to the training session and this will result in a £15 charge.
- Cancellations are to be made via your online account at least five working days in advance of a course to ensure you are not charged a non-attendance fee, unless you can arrange for another representative from your service area to attend in your place.
- It is assumed that delegates are informing their manager of their training booking upon reservation.