Domestic Abuse and Access to Public Funds- Virtual
Date & Time:
Target audience: This training is aimed at those officers who work with people with domestic abuse issues who also have immigration issues to be addressed. Delegates should already have a good awareness of and understanding of how to deal with domestic issues e.g. have already completed training on domestic abuse e.g. 2-day Domestic Abuse course. The course will provide staff from both the children's and adults' workforce across all partner organisations who have specific responsibilities for dealing with domestic abuse and immigration issues with broad and comprehensive practical learning
- Have an understanding of the complexities of domestic abuse and immigration issues and the potential impact on domestic abuse victims
- Know how to respond appropriately and safely to enable victims to receive support on domestic abuse and immigration
- Know where and how to provide continued liaison with specialist support services and other relevant agencies
- Have an awareness of current policy, research and practice developments on domestic abuse and immigration
Terms & Conditions: Cancellation and Non-Attendance
- The charge for non-attendance will be £15 per delegate per day for non-attendance/late cancellation on training. (The charge for non-attendance on the 2 day domestic violence course will be £30).
- All delegates must attend sessions promptly. Delegates that are later than 15 minutes will be denied access to the training session and this will result in a £15 charge.
- Cancellations are to be made via your online account at least five working days in advance of a course to ensure you are not charged a non-attendance fee, unless you can arrange for another representative from your service area to attend in your place.
- It is assumed that delegates are informing their manager of their training booking upon reservation.