Safeguarding Today; What you need to Know
Date & Time:
This half day seminar provides essential updates for managers & practitioners whose roles & responsibilities involve safeguarding children.
Key focus and learning aim for this event:
Increase understanding of emotional health and wellbeing and the impact on children and young people.
· Develop and increase understanding of the current landscape in the local & national context for safeguarding
· Gain knowledge of relevant new legislation, inter agency practice guidance & any revisions to child protection procedures
· Highlight sources of information, advice and training with regard to safeguarding children and adults
· Develop a shared understanding of key issues and themes on safeguarding currently affecting practice
· Recognise and respond to key issues and themes
· Understand the importance of language and communication and how we use it
· Emphasise the message that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility
· Share learning from reviews including Child Safeguarding Practice Reviews, Domestic Homicide Reviews and Serious Adult Reviews
Warning: These may include recent reviews, which, as practitioners you may have been involved with as part of your role, so you may find them upsetting.
Please click here to book your FREE place
Booking:More Information & Booking - 11568
Joing information and link will be forwarded a week prior to the event.