Domestic Abuse and Adult Safeguarding- Virtual
Date & Time:
This training is particularly aimed at those officers from across all partner agencies who work with adults with care and support needs.
Delegates should already have a good awareness of and understanding of how to deal with domestic abuse issues e.g. have already completed introductory courses on domestic abuse such as the 2-day Domestic Abuse course or similar.
This course will build on previous learning and will provide officers with an awareness of how to appropriately support adults with care and support needs who are victims of domestic abuse.
Understand the links between adult safeguarding and domestic abuse
Understand the additional impacts of domestic abuse on adults with care and support needs
Understand the additional barriers and challenges to ending abusive relationships for adults with care and support needs
Know how to respond appropriately and safely to enable victims to receive support
- Please note when booking onto this training course, you will be expected to stay for the FULL duration of the training session unless prior agreement has been made with the training organisers or trainers via firstname.lastname@example.org . Late arrivals or early leavers may not be issued with a completed training certificate.
Terms & Conditions: Cancellation and Non-Attendance
- The charge for non-attendance will be £15 per delegate per day for non-attendance/late cancellation on training. (The charge for non-attendance on the 2 day domestic violence course will be £30).
- All delegates must attend sessions promptly. Delegates that are later than 15 minutes will be denied access to the training session and this will result in a £15 charge.
- Cancellations are to be made via your online account at least five working days in advance of a course to ensure you are not charged a non-attendance fee, unless you can arrange for another representative from your service area to attend in your place.
- It is assumed that delegates are informing their manager of their training booking upon reservation.