SCSP Safeguarding Today; What you need to know
Date & Time:
Children need the right support at the right time to address risks. Join SCSP at our safeguarding event to find out the latest updates.
This half day seminar provides essential updates for managers and practitioners whose roles and responsibilities involve safeguarding children.
Learning Outcomes –
- Increase understanding of the national & local context for the safeguarding agenda
- Gain knowledge of relevant new legislation, inter agency practice guidance & any revisions to child protection procedures
- Identify sources of information, advice & training with regard to safeguarding children
- Refresh and up-date knowledge on safeguarding issues and themes currently affecting practice in Sandwell
- Share learning from local Serious Case Reviews / Child Practice Safeguarding Reviews/Domestic Homicide. Warning: These will be recent reviews which have occurred in Sandwell - as practitioners you may have been involved with them as part of your role so you may find them upsetting